The internet is having an increasing influence on the social development of children and how they interact with each other. Social media, smart phones and other technologies provide children with wonderful opportunities to learn, be creative and socialise. However just as with face to face interactions, sometimes bullying and harassment can occur online.
Being Online is more often than not a positive and fulfilling experience for children. Content can be posted instantaneously, but the downfall is that children can potentially post messages without thinking about future ramifications. Once it’s online, it’s there forever.
This course includes:
- Why internet safety matters
- Monitoring your child online
- Protecting your child online
- Teaching safe and responsible online behavior
- Learning about the internet yourself
- Protect your child’s profile and account
- Understand what’s visible
- Cyber Bullying
- Understanding the reach
- Internet filtering
- Look for warning signs online
- Encourage your child to be open with you about being online
- What to do when you suspect something is wrong